Dr. Brian Eichenberg, a board certified and accomplished plastic surgeon responds to his patient’s top five concerns regarding breast augmentation surgery.
- When can I go back to work after surgery? – Recovery is a very individual process and everyone experiences it differently. In general most patients require a minimum of a week at home with limited activity.
- How much weight can I safely lift after surgery? – Lifting anything or even putting your arms over your head should be avoided immediately following surgery. After a few weeks, when the swelling has gone down, you should be able to lift lighter objects.
- When can I go back to the gym? – At your post-operative visit your doctor will discuss when you can go back to your normal exercise routine. Generally I tell patients it will be 2-4 weeks before you can safely exercise.
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future? – Yes, if you were capable of breastfeeding before augmentation surgery, you will be capable of doing it afterwards. Unfortunately a large percentage of small breasted women have trouble breastfeeding. As for concerns about silicone, it has been found to be safe and does not leech into breast milk.
- Is there a lot of scarring with breast augmentation? – Surgical scars are inevitable and permanent. However, I take great care to place incisions in locations which are not normally noticeable except under close examination. The incision location can be in the crease of the breast or around the edge of the areola.
Dr. Brian Eichenberg encourages all breast augmentation patients to follow their surgeon’s instructions closely and carefully. Your surgeon knows and understands your medical history, your activity level at home and work and will guide you through the recovery process.
Patients can expect Dr. Eichenberg to thoroughly outline the augmentation procedure and what patients should expect. Dr. Eichenberg will also take the time to specifically answer any and all of your questions and concerns.
To learn more about breast enhancement, Temecula and Murrieta plastic surgeon Dr. Eichenberg can be contacted at https://www.renuance.net/ or at 951.430.0583 to schedule a complimentary consultation.