Renuance Cosmetic Surgery Center offers advanced care that follows a basic principle: you should be happy with who you are when you look in the mirror. Our board-certified surgeon, Dr. Filip performs rhinoplasty (nose surgery) with this ideal in mind, working collaboratively with patients in defining their goals and tailoring treatment to their personal vision.
Our approach to rhinoplasty is to provide patients with a subtle and significant difference. Even small revisions to features of the nose can make a big change in the overall appearance and balance of their face. As the largest plastic surgery facility in Riverside County, we bring years of experience, an artistic eye, and dedication to the details to help patients become their best selves.
Exploring Rhinoplasty with Renuance
Treatment with Renuance is a private and personal experience. At every stage, our staff will be available to answer your questions, guide you through your options, and keep you comfortable in the process.
Care begins with an initial telephone conversation, during which we can address many common topics and help you decide if rhinoplasty is right for you. Next will come an in-office visit with Dr. Zachary Filip, who will conduct an examination and talk with you about your goals with surgery.
At the end of your visit, you can discuss any other questions you may have about surgery and finances, and we can help you to schedule your procedure.
Your Options with Rhinoplasty
Patients decide to have rhinoplasty for different reasons:
- The most common purpose of nose surgery is to address a dorsal hump or bump on the nose. Dr. Filip can shave down this feature and blend in the area with the rest of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty can also make the tip of the nose smaller. This will bring the nose more in line with other features of your face.
- In some cases, patients may have a hanging columella: the tissue that separates the nostrils. Reshaping the columella can give the nose a more symmetrical and classical look.
- By realigning the nasal septum inside of your nose, Dr. Filip can straighten its overall appearance.
Renuance encourages you to bring photographs of the noses that you like and to review the before-and-after photos of our other Riverside County patients. This process will also help Dr. Filip set your expectations for the procedure. Not every nose will work for every person because of their bone structure or other facial features. By discussing these issues, you and Dr. Filip can establish a surgical plan that meets your needs.
Your Experience with Rhinoplasty
Your surgery, along with your follow-up visits, will take place at Renuance. When you arrive at the practice, your doctor and nurse will both meet with you to see if you have questions and to help make you comfortable before getting started.
Dr. Filip performs rhinoplasty using general anesthesia, which allows Riverside County patients to sleep through the experience. Surgery usually lasts 2-4 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
After your rhinoplasty:
- You will wear a splint and nasal packing for 24 hours, which will limit swelling. You will have both removed at a follow-up visit the next day.
- Your doctor will remove the sutures a week after the rhinoplasty.
- Renuance will recommend that you continue to protect your nose for a while, particularly by avoiding contact sports.
Surgical scars from rhinoplasty are very well hidden, and most of the swelling will subside by the end of the first week. It may take up to one year for all of the residual swelling to go down. By the end of this process, your nose should be in harmony with the other features of your face, and your reflection should more closely mirror your aesthetic vision.
If there is a feature of your nose you wish you could change, learn more about rhinoplasty with Renuance. Get in touch with us online or by phone in Riverside County at (951) 506-1040.